Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Grand Desert Tortoise

Over the weekend I got to help re home this little old (looking) man. He is estimated to be about 5-8 years old and is a desert tortoise.I totally fell in love with this guy and believe me if I had my yard set up for a tortoise I would have kept him here! Who knew they had such personality and charisma. And carrot chomping abilities, hehe.
He was very focused on that carrot!

In all his glory. Although he looks rather huge he's only about 8-10 inches long.



One of those faces you just can't help but adore!


Having a little snack and loving those leafy greens.
I promise in my next post to have some pictures of some actual artwork. Apparently nature has taken over both my life and this blog but I do solemnly promise!




5 comments:

Dolores said...

Hey, I don't mind the nature photos at all. In fact, I enjoy them since I live in the city and do not see tortoises at all - never mind the desert variety. I would have to venture out to the zoo. I also love the little birdie art posts too.

Flor Larios Art said...

Love the photos. Cute turtle!
Please come to my blog I am having a pendant giveaway. It is one of my wooden pendants with my art in it. Custom made isn't it fun!
Flor

Amy Rozeboom said...

He looks even more like Jerry in that second picture that he did in the other one!

Chicken Lips said...

Ya gotta love that face!

Pamela Zimmerman said...

really loving this. i have a soft spot for turtles...all reptiles and amphibians, really. congratulations, it looks like he really enjoyed the dinner your provided!