Sunday, March 9, 2008

New Puppy in the Family

This little guy ended up coming to live with me yesterday quite by accident.

I went to pick up two rescue rats from a woman who had decided she needed to re-home this 2 1/2 month old puppy as well. Apparently he had choked on a treat and had stopped breathing when her husband decided to get the treat out of his throat and in the process destroyed his relationship with this dog. The woman said the dog now hated her husband. *shrug* Not sure if it's true or not but I'm here to tell you this puppy is just the sweetest thing ever and has completely made himslf at home here.

I was really worried how he would get along with my other dog, Cooper, who is a very young 1 1/2 year old yellow lab who loves to play....alot. I was worried he would use this little guy as a chew toy. I'm here to tell you that the little guy loves to pounce on Cooper and bite him and pull his tail. I do have to keep an eye on Cooper as he really does get too rambunctious but overall they are getting along great. The puppy even had his first night in the crate and did fabulously.
Hooray for crate training!

He came with the name Herbie. I'm thinking he needs something a little more fitting.
I am taking any suggestions...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! He is the absolute CUTEST!! Can't wait to hear his new name.

altermyworld said...

OH my he is cute i mean really cute, i love the way puppies smell. He looks like a pumpkin to me. i know not very manly however i just could not help myself
LOL
ANg

FishStikks said...

So far I'm kinda leaning towards Edgar or even Eggar, of course when I shorten it up and talk baby talk to him like I tend to do I must call him Eggie, HAHA. I really am thinking I like it.