Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tip-In with a Twist Journal page

I had two partners on this go around. The first partner is in Finland and the second partner is in Germany. It's rather exciting to think how far your artwork travels sometimes when you stop and think about it. It's going places I will probably never visit. I hope it doesn't forget to pick up some souvenirs to send back.

I didn't realize this until I was done with this page. This looks exactly like a picture of my sister and I that was taken when we were younger. We even had red outfits. I'm trying to remember where I've put it to put here so you can see. It's rather uncanny. I wasn't going for anything quite that specific. I love the quote that I found for it.

"A sister is both your mirror and your opposite" by Elizabeth Fishel

How true of my sister and I.

The back page. The number 2 is actually hand drawn and cut out. I'm pleased that it turned out so well. The red flowered background is from a Scrap booking store I recently discovered. Spent more in there than I thought I would but did buy lots of really pretty papers.


This next page went to Germany. When I started on the background I had absolutely no idea what I wanted this page to be I was just having fun with it. I love the way the blues and browns came together. More inchies and the sheet music I used for this actually was from a sports related song that the title now escapes me. Don't the fellas look excited to be there?


Here's the back side. The colors ended up a little brighter on this side for some reason, not so muted. I don't like circles, do I?

The bird is like an extra large inchie. I decided that because it was a three inch square that I would call it a thrinchie...yeah I know, sounds dumb, lol.

Here's a close up of him, just because he amuses me so. I've named him Phillipe.

No comments: