Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In the Garden with Macro

I have to shamefully admit that when I first bought my camera "several" years ago I never bothered to read my manual ...at all.

A couple years go by and I'm getting by with my camera I start reading about this thing called "macro". Hey, I want macro! Sign me up, where do I get this thing called macro? All the other cameras have macro.

Okay, so I bought my camera as part of a package deal and I'm sure I paid way more for it that way and I know that it was totally bottom of the line and all but at least it should give me a couple of cool features...right?

I started checking online to see if my completely outdated little camera had this macro. I couldn't find too much info on it. Did I mention that it was outdated?

Hehe...yesterday I FINALLY found the macro feature on my camera!

Of course my battery just died but I did get a couple of, I think, great shots with it before it died.


Little Clovers
When I took this shot I had no idea I was going to get such a cool shot and especially with all those water droplets...I just didn't know, hehe.


Hearts


Watch Bun


Everyone gets such beautiful creatures visiting their gardens. I think that this guy is no different but I had no idea that I had so many in my back yard. You would think that in this heat they wouldn't do so well. I would estimate that there are over 100 back there. Breed like rabbits? I bet Mr Bun is jealous...



Little brother.

And finally a gratuitous shot of Howard just coming out of the shower.

Oh trust me...I know what you were thinking...*wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your clover shot ... though I find it amazing that you had that much water fall in all of Las Vegas, much less in your own little corner of backyard paradise! I love snails, too!

FishStikks said...

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it too.
While it was supposed to rain here for the last 5 days I got not one drop of it. These water droplets were from the sprinklers, hehe.