Sunday, July 20, 2008

The very bane of my whole existence

As if mad cats and over protective birds weren't enough I give you the common ant.

That's right, the ant.

Portrayed as cute in many films including one of my favorite A Bug's Life, these little critters have been tormenting me for years! And I do mean years!

I have *cough*entirely too many animals *cough* so that means I'm deathly afraid of trying to use any kind of sprays and so have been fighting these guys in other ways, meaning at least 8 tubes of caulk on every crack and crevice I can find, investing in lots of batteries for my flashlight so I can see miniscule little areas that I managed to miss on the first 12 go arounds with the caulk, putting up trim and then caulking around that to seal it, and the countless vacuum bags in just "sweeping" them up and I won't even go into the late nights just trying to find out where in the hell they are coming in this time!

*Deep sigh*

So last week in cleaning my house because I had company coming, hehe...I really need excuses, I wake up early and find the little buggars have found the dog food bowl...argh!

I take the bowl outside and set it on my lounge chair up high and figure that would at least help and off I go to stop the swarm and use up yet another tube of caulk.

This is the sight I saw, several hours later.




I think I've got them this time...I really do.

Hehe, I say that every time...

5 comments:

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Sorry you are having this problem. you can spread instant grits around, and that'll help, so will baking soda--ants can't burp or poot, and will explode. Both are safe around dogs and cats. Cheyenne pepper around the edges of your house will help too.
Hugs!
Suzan

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

did I say that they can't burp or toot, so they explode?? I haven't even had my first morning coffee yet.LOL

FishStikks said...

Hehe, yes you did.
I'm envisioning all these little ant body parts lying all over the place and I don't even drink coffee, hehe.
I'll give the grits a try, could get interesting...thanks!

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

oh..make sure they aren't cooked..LOL

FishStikks said...

Haha, you say that like you think I actually would know how to cook grits...even the instant kind...with instructions to boot.