Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ralphie on Canvas

I know its been a good long while since my last post and I do apologize. I think this summers weather has really gotten to me. I feel at best lethargic and lazy and I can't ever seem to get anything done. Sooo on that note I decided that I was going to get something done this weekend come hell or high water.
I present you with Ralphie...on canvas and in real life...



My Ralphie is one of those cats that even the best and bravest dog is afraid of. You see Ralphie is...Ornery... on his good days. He's always mad, about something. I never know, and while he looks all cute in the photo don't be fooled. I was eating some hard bolied eggs and he desperately wanted some so he was on his best behavior...and he loves me.
I tried to convey that look on the painting but the canvas Ralphie would have none of that, he wanted to be cute...and lovable...and well, nice.
I finally obliged.
See, he gets his way no matter what. Even on canvas.

I've also got no less than 8 other canvases started and in various stages of completeness. In my defense I do tend to get easily distracted. Very easily.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww - I totally LOVE Ralphie - the cat and the painting!!! This is my new favorite I think!!
Somehow, as someone who loves rats as much as you do, I never thought of you as having a cat.....
This is great Babs!!!!!!

FishStikks said...

Make that plural...as in cat(s).

Thelma and Louise *snicker* were a little camera shy today.

And they totally respect the rats, Louise learned the hard way, poor kitty.

I love that you love Ralphie Kaleesi!

Anonymous said...

I think you captured his ornery look perfectly ... it is something in the eyes that says "I could give Garfield a run for his money!" Ralphie is wonderful.

FishStikks said...

But doesn't he look so cute?
It's that whole "gimme gimme" look he has going on, hehe.